Our Impressions of Franklin Gardens
The ground was formerly a pleasure garden owned by hotelier John Franklin, hence the name 'Franklin's Gardens'. Nowadays, Franklin's Gardens has a capacity approximately 10,000 with room for 6,000 seated supporters.
When the main stand was first built in 1927, this ground was considered to be one of the finest in the country.
Directions to Franklin Gardens
From the South
Leave M1 at junction 15A follow signs towards Sixfields. Past the Sixfields Stadium on the right to the major roundabout. Take right turn onto A4500 for the Town Centre. Past Henlys garage on the left and follow signs to Saints car park.
From the North
Exit M1 at junction 16 and follow the A45 to Northampton and follow signs to Town Centre at major traffic island. Then directions as for the South.